October is Chiropractic Health Month in Tennessee
Tennessee governor, Bill Lee, has declared October 2021 to be “Chiropractic Health Month” in Tennessee. Precision Care Chiropractic would like to join with chiropractors across the country in supporting people to “Keep Moving” to promote spine health and overall wellness. According to the Centers for Disease Control, physical inactivity is one of the four main risk factors for preventable chronic diseases such as obesity, heart disease, some types of cancer, and Type 2 Diabetes. Now more than ever, it is essential to add more movement into your daily routine!
While there are always the trusty options of parking your car farther away from the door and wearing a fitness tracker to get more steps in, we thought we’d share some other ways to add movement to your day and maybe even have some fun while doing it!
- Have a dance party while you’re cooking. Crank up your favorite tunes, and bust some moves while you slice, dice and sauté!
- Pick up a fitness board game and challenge a friend or family member to some friendly competition while you get moving.
- Set activity reminder alarms on your phone or computer for every thirty minutes to get up, stretch, and move around.
- Give back while you get moving by volunteering in an active way. Volunteering to walk dogs at the local shelter would be a great way to do this.
- While out shopping, do an extra lap or two around the store before you check out to sneak some more steps in.
Want to give your health a helping hand? Schedule a visit with us today to find out how gentle and specific chiropractic care can keep your spine moving optimally. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Ashley Hooper, D.C. is an upper cervical chiropractor in Franklin. Dr. Ashley is dedicated to teaching the community about natural healthcare. www.precisioncarechiro.com